Art Sanctuary in the News
- Art Sanctuary launches ‘In the Sanctuary’ podcast. Coverage includes Technically Philly.
- Art Sanctuary hosts tribute to jazz great, John Coltrane. Coverage includes Philadelphia Weekly, Philly360, Philly.com, and South Philly Review.
- Art Sanctuary Kicks off 29th Celebration of Black Writing. Coverage includes Black Enterprise, JET Magazine, KYW Newsradio, The Philadelphia Tribune, The Philadelphia Sunday Sun, Uwishunu, Philly360, Temple News, PhillyChitChat.com, and more
- As part of CBW 2013 Erinn Cosby’s photography exhibit get press on Networks, powered by WHYYArt Sanctuary and the Free Library of Philadelphia discuss the power of women artists to effect social change, PhilaSun
- Art Sanctuary Keeps Dr. King Reading Going, The Philadelphia Tribune
- Philadelphia Neighborhoods, a publication of Temple University’s Multimedia Urban Reporting Lab, spotlights Art Sanctuary
- Art Sanctuary ‘Passes the Baton’ of leadership from Lorene Cary to Valerie Gay. Coverage includes NewsWorks/WHYY, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Daily News, KYW Newsradio, South Philly Review, The Philadelphia Sunday Sun, Examiner.com, Generocity, and more.
- Philadelphia’s Most Influential 2012, The Philadelphia Tribune reflects on their coverage of Art Sanctuary
- Art Sanctuary’s ‘Passes the Baton’ and launches new ‘READ with Me: The MLK Project’, PhilaSun
- Art Sanctuary Readies for New Leadership, South Philly Review
- Art Sanctuary presents Celebration of Black Writing, Philadelphia Inquirer
- SCOOP Newspaper and Philly360 profile Art Sanctuary’s community performance of Can You Hear God Crying? at the Freedom Theatre.
- Art Sanctuary and Grammy-award nominated composer and trumpeter Hannibal Lokumbe host matinee performance of ‘Can You Hear God Crying?’ for audience of 1200 Philadelphia students at the Kimmel Center. Coverage includes the Philadelphia Tribune and KYW Newsradio.
- Art Sanctuary ‘charity spotlight’ on Black Celebrity Giving.
- Media Release: Art Sanctuary and Hannibal Lokumbe Host ‘Can You Hear God Crying?’ at the Kimmel Center
- University City Review/Weekly Press discusses Art Sanctuary’s educational focus in monthly programming
- The Philadelphia Tribune discusses Art Sanctuary’s Meet the Author Book Club
- Uwishunu, SCOOP, and The Philadelphia Tribune cover ‘Art Sanctuary Presents: the People of Maasai Mara’, a photo exhibit by Emmy-award journalist Art Fennell.
- Media Release: Art Sanctuary Presents ‘The People of Maasai Mara’ with Emmy-award journalist Art Fennell
- Jenice Armstrong with the Daily News talks Celebration of Black Writing and Ntozake Shange’s visit to Art Sanctuary.
- Art Sanctuary moves to cozier quarters. WHYY has the details.
- The Philadelphia Tribune’s Bobbi Booker talks J. California Cooper and her visit to Art Sanctuary for Celebration of Black Writing.
- NBC Philadelphia profiles ‘Reading in Concert’.
- Lorene Cary talks 27th Annual Celebration of Black Writing with KYW Newsradio